When you interact with us through our Site (or otherwise) you may provide, or we may collect, certain information from which you are personally identifiable (which is called “personal data”).
For the purposes of data privacy laws (including the General Data Protection Regulation), we are the “data controller”, meaning that we are responsible for deciding how we use your personal data. We are also responsible for keeping your data safe and only using it for legitimate purposes.
What this policy tells you
Broadly speaking, this policy sets out the following:
- What types of personal data you provide to us, or which we collect from you;
- Why we use your personal data and our legal grounds for doing so;
- Your rights over your data and how you can exercise those rights;
- Who we share your data with;
- Whether we transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area;
- How to opt-out of Tie Break Tens marketing emails; and
- How to contact us if you have any issues or want to find out more.
What data do you provide/we collect?
You may provide us with the following types of personal data when you interact with us through our Site (including where you contact us, subscribe for our mailing list, purchase items through our online shop, order tickets for our events or login to, and use services through, our member areas such as TB10) or otherwise when you directly interact with us:
- Contact – first name, surname, account log-in information, country of residence, age, email address, telephone numbers and address
- Financial – payment card details, billing address, delivery address, purchase information, payment history
- Profile – your marketing preferences, other Site preferences and feedback on your Tie Break Tens experiences through reviews and surveys
- Content – you may upload content to our Site which may include your image, footage or certain other personal data
- Sensitive – in the event you contact us to enquire about tickets to an event, in order to comply with health and safety regulations and to assess whether we can accommodate any access, disability, dietary or other specific requirements we may ask you to provide certain “special categories of personal data”. These are seen as being more sensitive under data protection laws so we will only collect this data if we have your explicit consent. This might include information about your dietary requirements, medical history, food intolerances, relevant health issues, disabilities or access requirements
We may also collect the following types of information from you when you use our Site. Please read our Cookies Policy for further details:
- Usage – Site visitor information, including time spent on page, click-throughs, download errors and general visitor browsing patterns
- Technical – IP address, browser type, hardware type, network and software identifiers, device information, location information, operating system and system configuration
The table summarises the reasons why we use your personal data and why we are allowed to do so.
|Purposes for using your data||Our legal basis for using your data|
|What types of data do we use?|
|Signing you up to the Tie Break Tens mailing list||Performance of a contract with you||Contact|
|Registering you as a Tie Break Tens user (either as an individual or through a club sign-up), so you have access to our products and services, such as TB10 Play||Same as above||Contact|
|Enable you to log-in to your Tie Break Tens account||Same as above||Contact|
|To process payments which you make through our Site (e.g. for items purchased through our online shop or where you purchase tickets for our events||Same as above||Contact, Financial|
|To process your ticket order and assign certain tickets to your name||Same as above||Contact|
|Arrange for the delivery of your shopping items||Same as above||Contact, Financial|
|To enable you to upload content to the Site (including blogs, images, footage etc.), which will then be publicly available on the Site, shared with certain third parties and used for Tie Break Tens marketing.||Performance of a contract with you|
|For our internal administration and record keeping purposes||Performance of a contract with you|
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for the effective operation of our business)
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|Deal with your questions which may involve contacting you by post, e-mail or phone and recording details of our conversations and communications about the relevant issue||Performance of a contract with you|
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure our customers are happy with our products and services)
|Contact you about relevant Tie Break Tens events, products and services||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our business, including our events, products and services and to generally increase the profile of Tie Break Tens)|
|Contact you about third party products and services which we believe may be relevant to you or pass your details on to third parties to contact you directly about the same (in each case, only where you have told us you would like to hear about these)||Consent||Contact, Profile|
|Assist you with your event specific queries and accommodating your needs and requirements for events||Consent|
Performance of a contract with you
Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
|Improve and personalise your experience of our Site by delivering more relevant content and advertising whilst you browse our Site||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our business, improve our Site and overall user experience and to inform our marketing strategy)||Contact, Profile, Usage, Technical|
|Operate our Site, including Site trouble shooting, testing and analysis and to enable you to participate in interactive features||Performance of a contract with you|
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to ensure our Site is fully functional and operating in the most effective way for you)
|Verify your identity to detect fraud and security issues||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to prevent and detect fraud and security risks)||All|
|Enable you to provide Tie Break Tens with feedback through reviews and surveys||Necessary for our legitimate interests (to improve and develop our business, products and services)||Contact, Profile, Usage, Technical|
Importantly, we will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
You may be entitled, in certain situations, to:
- ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- correct or update your personal data, which you can do yourself by logging into your account or if you would prefer, please contact us and we can assist;
- request that we delete your personal data;
- object to the handling of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (as set out in the above table);
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- request the transfer of your personal data (or some of it) to a third party service provider; or
- where you have provided your consent for something, in certain circumstances, you may withdraw this consent (but note that we may continue to use your personal data if we have legal grounds for doing so).
Please contact us if you would like to exercise your rights, which you can do for free. The only time we may be allowed to charge a reasonable fee is where your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we can refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may also need to ask you to confirm your identity before we proceed with your request if it is not clear who is making the request.
If you are concerned about the way Tie Break Tens is handling your personal data you may also contact the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office). However, where possible, we would really appreciate the opportunity to help with your concern in the first instance.
How long do we store your data?
We will store your data for as long as you have an active Tie Break Tens account, or as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you and/or where you are still happy to hear from us about our latest news, products and services. After this, we may still need to keep hold of your data if there is a legal reason for doing so (such as for tax or other financial reasons (such as being able to deal with chargebacks for your purchases), where we need to resolve any disputes with you, or where we need to enforce our terms and conditions)). In such circumstances, we will only retain the amount of data strictly necessary for these purposes and otherwise, will remove your data from our systems.
Disclosure of your data to third parties
Third party marketing
Other data sharing:
We may also share your personal data with the following third parties who assist us with our products, services, and general business operations:
- Local event organisers and venue owners – where you have brought tickets for our events, we will need to share certain of your personal data with local event organisers and venue owners for ticket fulfilment and accreditation purposes
- Companies which are within the same corporate group as Tie Break Tens, who are responsible for managing different aspects of our services and for internal business administration purposes
- Payment service providers and our delivery companies
- Our professional advisors and our professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts
- Analytics and search engine providers who help us improve and optimise our Site
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies, who help us tackle fraud
We may also need to disclose your personal data:
- if we are legally required to do so or pursuant to a binding regulatory request (in such circumstances, such disclosure will at all times be solely to the extent required by law or the applicable request);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets we may be required to disclose certain of your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements.
Where we enable you to upload any content onto the Site, including any details, blog posts, comments, images or footage, we will always ask you to confirm that you have the right to do so and that Tie Break Tens has the right to publish and broadcast such content. We will also ask you to confirm whether you are happy for us to share the content with particular third parties and if it is ok to use the content for marketing.
How to opt-out of marketing
To unsubscribe from our marketing emails, click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the relevant communication you have received. Alternatively, please contact us (as detailed below) to opt-out of these communications.
Where you have consented to third party marketing, you can opt-out of this at anytime by following the same process as referred to above.
Use of your data outside the European Economic Area
The European Economic Area or “EEA” is deemed to have good data privacy standards. As such, we limit the occasions when we may need to transfer or handle your data outside of the EEA. Where we do need to (for example where our service providers are based outside of the EEA or our event is taking place outside of the EEA and we need to send your details to our local event organisers for event accreditation purposes), we make sure that your data is still treated fairly and lawfully in all respects (including making sure we have a legal ground for the transfer and putting in place all necessary safeguards for such arrangement).
Where applicable, you will have the right to see a copy of any safeguards we put in place for international transfers of your data. Just contact us if you would like to find out more.
Security of your data
We have adopted industry standard security measures and processes to keep you personal data confidential and as secure. Whilst we take these measures, the collection and transfer of information via the internet will always carry some risk of loss or unauthorised access and as such, we cannot guarantee its security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Third party websites
Write to us: FAO: Customer Services Department, Lionyxeye Limited, 40 Queen Anne Street, London, W1G 9EL
Call us: +44 203 598 5409
Register here to receive the latest updates from Tie Break Tens.
Please provide your details if you would like to sign-up to our mailing list to receive emails about our latest news, events, products and services. You can opt-out of these at any time. If you are under 16, please confirm you have received consent from your parent or legal guardian.