Competition terms and Conditions
Twitter Merchandise Giveaway
1. This competition will start on 12th January 2016 and the final prize winners will be selected from all valid entrants who correctly entered the competition before 16:00 GMT 19th January 2016
2. To enter this competition, you must follow (i) Tie Break Tens on Twitter via the @tiebreaktens handle and (ii) retweet one of the @tiebreaktens competition tweets including #tiebreaktens in the retweet. Winners will be randomly selected from all of the successful entrants received before the competition deadline.
3. The winner will receive:
- First Prize: Signed Sports Shirt + signed photo of all the players who participated in the inaugural Tie Break Tens Tournament 5th December 2015 in the Royal Albert Hall
- Second Prize x2 – Signed photo of all the players who participated in the inaugural Tie Break Tens Tournament (two second place winners)
- Runners Up – x 10- TBT Sports Pack- including TBT Water bottle, Towel, sweatband and cap (unsigned)
To receive the prizes, winners must reply within 72 hours to the Twitter Direct Message email from Tie Break Tens Twitter account giving their full name and address so that Tie Break Tens are able to post the prizes to them
4. All entrants must be 16 or over. You can only enter the competition once and anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be excluded from entering the competition and ineligible to win a prize. Multiple entries in a single day will also not be accepted. All entrants must follow the Twitter Rules and best practices.
5. This competition is subject to our standard competition terms and conditions set out below.
Twitter Ticket Giveaway
1. This competition will start on 2 December 2015 and the final prize winners will be selected from entrants who entered the competition before 13:00 (UK time) on 4 December 2015.
2. The competition will run in 3 cycles, with two pairs of tickets each to be won on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th December. To enter this competition, you must follow (i) Tie Break Tens on Twitter via the @tiebreaktens handle and (ii) retweet one of the @tiebreaktens tweets including #tiebreaktens in the retweet. A winner will be randomly selected from all of the successful entrants received before each competition cycle deadline of 16:00 (UK time) on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th December. If you enter after 16:00 (UK time) on the 2nd or 3rd December, you will be entered for the following competition cycle.
3. 4 winners will each receive one pair of tickets to the Tie Break Tens launch event and tournament on 5 December 2015 at the Royal Albert Hall. Any children will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult. Unless we send the tickets to you (we will let you know if we do), each winner shall collected their tickets from the Royal Albert Hall before the start of the event. To collect the tickets, winners must bring suitable ID to prove their identity (and, where appropriate, age) and our email confirming you have won a prize.
4. All entrants must be 18 or over. You can only enter the competition once and anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be excluded from entering the competition and ineligible to win a prize. Multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted. All entrants must follow the Twitter Rules and best practices.
5. This competition is subject to our standard competition terms and conditions set out below.
These terms and conditions apply to each competition run and organised by Lionyxeye Limited (“Company”) of 40 Queen Anne Street, London, W1G 9EL, in association with the Ties Break Tens Series (“Competition”).
By submitting an entry to a Competition, the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree or accept any of these terms then do not take part in any Competition.
These terms and conditions may change from time to time in accordance with these terms and conditions therefore please check them each time you wish to enter a Competition.
1. About the Competition
Each Competition is a free prize draw promotion. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
2. Restrictions on entry
a. The Competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Company, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the Competition.
b. In entering the Competition, the entrant confirms it is eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize it may win. The Company may require the entrant to provide proof it is eligible to enter the Competition.
a. By entering a Competition, you warrant all information submitted by you is true, current and complete. The Company reserves the right to verify the eligibility of an entrant and disqualify any entrant for submitting false information.
b. If you are a winner of a Competition, you may be required to provide proper proof of age and/or residency to claim your prize. Such proof must be provided within 7 days of the Company asking you for it and failure to do so, or if the Company has any doubts as to such proof’s validity or authenticity, may result in forfeiture of the prize and another winner being selected.
3. How to Enter
a. All entries must be submitted via the website www.tiebreaktens.com and only one entry per person is permitted.
b. The opening date for entries is 9.00 on the date stated in the individual Competition. The closing date of the Competition is 23.59 on the date stated in the individual Competition. Entries received after this time will not be accepted or considered.
c. The Company accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault, malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
d. The Company reserves all rights to disqualify an entrant if its conduct is contrary to the terms, spirit or intention of the Competition.
4. Selecting a winner
a. Where the Competition requires the entrant to answer a question, entrants who provide the correct answer shall be submitted into a ballot. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process within 30 days of the close of the Competition (“Draw Date“).
b. Where the Competition requires the entrant to submit an entry to be judged, such as a photograph, the Competition entries will be judged by a panel of judges based on the entry which fulfils the Competition’s criteria and with the most merit or apt and original answer, in their opinion and absolute discretion. The decision of the panel of judges will be final and not open to challenge.
c. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) before and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Company within 48 hours of being notified by the Company, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Company will select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
5. The prize
a. The winner will receive the prize set out in the Competition details. If such a prize is not available then the Company shall seek to procure a sensible alternative.
b. There may be restrictions imposed on when prizes may be redeemed, for example holidays or specific events. These will be provided in a Competition’s details.
c. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. The Company does not accept any responsibility if the winner is not able to take up the prize.
d. Unless expressly stated otherwise, no prize will include travel insurance, the cost of transfers to and from airports or stations, food and drink, spending money, tax or personal expenses (including meals or personal expenses, upgrades etc.). Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winner(s).
e. If a prize includes foreign travel, the winners and their guests are solely responsible for ensuring they have valid passports with no restrictions on travel to the winning destination, relevant visas and comprehensive travel insurance and to familiarise themselves with local laws and customs, as well as ensuring all travellers have the appropriate and up to date vaccinations and inoculations at the time of travel.
f. Third party terms and conditions apply a prize where stated in the Competition’s details.
6. Providing the prize
a. The prize will be sent to the winner by post within five days of the winner responding to the notification of their win. The prize will not be delivered to addresses outside of the UK. The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
b. Unless stated otherwise in the Competition details, the prize is supplied by the Company. The Company reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Company’s control make it necessary to do so.
c. The decision of the Company or the judges nominated by the Company regarding any aspect of the Competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
d. Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Competition which may include the publication of their name and photograph in any media, filming by the Company, providing a photographs and/or video of himself/herself enjoying the prize, or submit a report of the same for the Company’s ongoing use (each the “Materials”).
7. Details of the winner and judges
The judges’ and/or winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope the Company or an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days after the date of the closing date of the Competition.
8. The entrant’s entry and data
a. All entries must be original and submitted by the original creator of the entry. By entering, each entrant warrants: (i) it is the legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in its entry and any Materials it provides to the Company; (ii) its entry and any Materials submitted are its own original work; and (iii) do not infringe any third party rights.
b. By entering, each entrant warrants he/she has obtained all relevant rights and written permission from individuals featured in the entry or Materials, and such entry and Materials do not feature anyone under the age of 12 unless it is the entrant’s own child and it has that child’s express consent.
c. Each entrant hereby waives and agrees not to assert any moral rights in and in connection with the entry and any Materials taken by or submitted to the Promoter and warrants all individuals featured in its entry or Material have waived and agreed not to assert any moral rights in and in connection with the entry and any Materials.
d. The entrant must not submit an entry or any Materials which is offensive or discriminatory. The Company reserves the right to pass on details of any entry or Materials in breach of this condition to relevant authorities.
e. Each entrant agrees the Company may, but is not required to, make its entry available on its website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. The entrant agrees to grant the Company a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry and any accompanying materials for such purposes.
f. Personal data supplied during the course of a Competition may be (i) held and used only by the Company or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition; and (ii) passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize. By entering a Competition and submitting personal data, consent is given to any storing or processing for these purposes.
g. Where a prize involves travel outside of the EEA, data relating to winners and their guests may be transferred outside the EEA solely for the purpose of fulfilling the prize. By entering such a Competition and submitting personal data, consent is given to this transfer for these purposes.
9. Other important information
a. Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Company reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
b. The Company reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend a Competition or these terms without prior notice where it becomes necessary to do so including in the event of human error or circumstances beyond our reasonable control. Any changes will be posted on this website and such posting shall be adequate notice to all participants.
c. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Company, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Company, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. The entrant’s statutory rights are not affected.
d. The Competition will be governed by English law and entrants to the Competition submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Twitter and Facebook TBT Merchandise Giveaway
- This competition will start on 27 June 2016 and the final prize winners will be selected from all valid entrants who correctly entered the competition before 16:00 GMT 06 July 2016.
- To enter this competition, you must follow (i) Tie Break Tens on Twitter via the @tiebreaktens handle and (ii) retweet one of the @tiebreaktens tweets including #tiebreaktens in the retweet. Or you must follow (i) Tie Break Tens on Facebook via the Tie Break Tens page, (ii) share your Facebook comment; and (iii) make a guess as to the number of tie-breaks that will take place during the Wimbledon Championships for all of the events, namely:
a. Gentlemen’s singles
b. Ladies singles
c. Gentlemen’s doubles
d. Ladies doubles
e. Mixed doubles
- The winner will be selected from all of the correct entrants received before the competition deadline and determined as the single entrant which makes the most accurate guess which is either:
a. The actual number of tie breaks; or if no entrant guesses the exact number
b. The closest number to the actual number of tie breaks.
If there is more than one entrant who guesses the most accurately being either the actual or closest number to the actual number then the winner of the competition will be randomly selected by a draw from those entrants with the most accurate guess.
- The winner will receive:
• First Prize: Signed Sports Shirt + signed photo of all the players who participated in the inaugural Tie Break Tens Tournament 5th December 2015 in the Royal Albert Hall, Tie Break Tens cap, water bottle, towel, sweatband and stress ball
To receive the prize, the winner must reply within 72 hours to the email from Tie Break Tens Twitter and /or Facebook account giving their full name and address so that Tie Break Tens are able to post the prizes to them.
- All entrants must be 16 or over. You can only enter the competition once and anyone found to use multiple Twitter accounts to enter will be excluded from entering the competition and ineligible to win a prize. Multiple entries in a single day will also not be accepted. All entrants must follow the Twitter and Facebook Rules and best practices.
- This competition is subject to our standard competition terms and conditions set out below.
Register here to receive the latest updates from Tie Break Tens.
Please provide your details if you would like to sign-up to our mailing list to receive emails about our latest news, events, products and services. You can opt-out of these at any time. If you are under 16, please confirm you have received consent from your parent or legal guardian.